SESAC, founded in 1930, is a highly independent, innovative, profitable and market-driven performing rights organization, sensitive to the concerns and interests of its affiliates, users, employees and shareholders.
Some of the benefits of employment with SESAC include:
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- life insurance
- long term & short term disability insurance
- major medical
- paid holidays
- tuition assistance
- long term care
JOB TITLE Senior Data and Research Analyst
Department: Royalty Distribution & Research Services
Reports to: Senior VP, Royalty Distribution & Research Services
Position Summary: Provide data analysis support to Research & Analysis, company management, and other internal customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the direction and management of research and analysis projects and functions
- Collect, organize and assemble data from disparate sources (both internal and external), and prepare resulting data for analysis
- Perform data analysis, including summarization, exploratory analysis, trend analysis, and other techniques as necessary
- In collaboration with others, interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings
- Provide supporting research for special projects, including ownership of song catalogs, related industry developments and trends, and other information as needed
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as requested
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics or similar discipline, plus 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (especially advanced Excel and Access skills), SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM AS/400; Oracle (including Discoverer/Discoverer Plus) and VBA a plus
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Well-developed communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex information and ideas in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Experience with a statistical analysis program/language (e.g., R, JMP, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with Nielsen television ratings data
- Knowledge of the music industry and copyright law
Reporting to this position are: none
Please send resume and salary information to:
Cathy Grizzell at cgrizzell@SESAC.com. (No phone calls, please.)
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. This job description is not intended to cover all aspects of the responsibilities of the job. The position is expected to perform other work-related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered essential functions or specifically identified in this description.
SESAC reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. The employee acknowledges by the above signature that this job description is not a contract for employment and does not alter his/her status as an at-will employee.
Licensing Consultant Opportunities
click here info
Thanks for visiting the SESAC Career Opportunity page.